Actress Halima Abubakar has opened up on competition and fake friends in Nollywood,

 
Halima Abubakar has opened up on competition and fake friends in Nollywood,saying many find it difficult to celebrate others and their achievements..

She told Punch


I am in an industry where people find it hard to congratulate you when there is good news. I often celebrate others and I am aware that not everyone can be like me. Most of my colleagues do not congratulate themselves whenever a feat has been achieved. I do not wait for people’s commendation because it would not fetch me money.  I appreciate those who do and I do not care about the rest who don’t. Some of my colleagues are capable of blocking every avenue of opportunity that comes my way. I pay attention to those who do not clap when I win because they are the ones I must avoid. These same people will invite you to their movie set and act as though they are your true friends.

Comments