NOTICE OF RESIGNATION / PERMENENT WITHDRAWAL OF MEMBERSHIP FROM ACTOR’S GUILD OF NIGERIA


Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN has come to a crossroad where her reasons for existence has been helplessly defeated by the present spate of administrative flaws and executive high-handedness by the Ibinabo Fiberesima lead national exco.
My reason for this notice is based on the following reasons:


1 The present national exco lead by Ibinabo Fiberesima is illegitimate as the election that brought it in was done on phone instead of the usual convergence of delegates to a single congress as stipulated in the constitution of the guild.

2 The Ibinabo Fiberesima lead national exco performs such actions which completely suspends the existence or provisions of the constitution of the guild. These actions range from indiscriminate arrest of members without fair hearing (as stipulated in the constitution) to excessive usage of veto powers as evidenced in the random issuance of suspensions, expulsions and even dissolutions of state excos through text messages.


3 In one of my very honest attempts to broker peace and suggest ways of curbing some of these excesses, I was told by the national secretary that the guild (AGN) belongs to someone and the owner has the right to remove anybody at anytime; a statement that brings me to my next point.


4 The board of trustees of the organization lacks the federal character. The members of the BOT hail from just 2 geo-political zones, leaving four other zones unrepresented.


5 It was also brought to our notice that the Ibinabo Fiberesima was charged and convicted for man-slaughter and as such does not have the right to stand for any election in the guild as stipulated in the constitution of the guild. 


6 That upon resumption of office Ibinabo Fiberesima raised election forms for state chairmen to N150,000; N100,000 for Vice Chairmen against N10,000 and N5,000 for Vice Chairmen respectively. 


7 The widespread chaos rocking the many AGN states today is as a result of Ibinabo Fiberesima’s unrepentant electoral prejudice which has left her with nothing but an inglorious title of a Tyrant. 


To this end, I wish to state that from the day I registered as a member of this guild, I have done everything I can to contribute positively to the growth of this guild. But Today, as a responsible leader, since I have strived to help position the guild on a productive pedestal for the benefit of members nationwide without success due to the unrepentant nature of overzealous national leaders, I therefore write to formally bring to the notice of members of Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN-Akwa Ibom State Chapter of my regrettable yet firm decision to resign from my position as the State Chairman of Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN-Akwa Ibom State Chapter and also withdraw my membership of the guild permanently with effect from today.

I thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve you in that capacity.
Signed:
Comr. SONY EBONG (AmbP)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A movie we are so proud of !!! Dying Young